Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Go Green...All of the Cool Kids Are Doing it.....


Bowdoin Collage in Maine has decided, in all of their wisdom, to outlaw cars for all first year students starting in 2009. Yes boys and girls, if you are a freshman in 2009 you will be without a car. This, of course, is all a part of Bowdoin going "green".

What fucking balls they have.

If I'm a first year student and I have a car that I bought and paid for by doing some shitty job throughout high school, I can't have it on campus? A legal possession of mine is outlawed in some half assed attempt to make the public think that your little corner of the world is more civilized than the rest because you have gone "green"?

It's stuff like this that drives me to make my carbon footprint the size of Orson Welles. I'm all for saving the planet, but I'm all against stupidity. That, when coupled with how I cut my nose off to spite my nose....I just want to set a pile of plastic on fire while drinking the tears of polar bears who's home of ice has melted due to global warming.

No comments: